- Determine your perspective (are you above, at eye level, or slightly below lying on the ground)
- Lock into subject with your auto focus so that it automatically adjusts with the movement of the subject (every camera system is different – check your manual for auto focus options)
- As they move to you or past you, your head movement follows them so they stay in frame
- Shoot deliberately as they move – don’t just put it in burst mode and “spray and pray” – actually be conscious of what is in the frame.
- KEEP following their movement as you shoot
- At your last shot, keep moving with them – and get into this habit. You never know what will happen when they end their run. I miss cool shots when I remove the camera from my eye because the subject is done moving.
This post may contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a portion of the purchase price. I appreciate you sharing these links - it keeps me in business!
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts and our weekly newsletter.