photos of sandhill cranes-2

Sandhill Crane Family!

This week I am over on Madeline Island teaching my Photo 101 class at the Madeline Island School of the Arts.  We’re having a blast (even though I am sicker than a dog), and I got to capture these awesome images of the resident crane family while we were on break :).  They are SO cute!

photos of sandhill cranes
photos of sandhill cranes-2
photos of sandhill cranes-4
photos of sandhill cranes-5
photos of sandhill cranes-6
photos of sandhill cranes-3

Contact ME! | Subscribe to Stonehouse Photography by Email

1. John Sullivan says:

Great shots. My favorites: where the parents are saying, “[S]tand back, everyone. Keep moving, folks.” And the baby crane – departing Runway 1Left.

2. Diane Marie says:

SO COOL! We saw a pair with a baby near our house two days ago. They were hunting for frogs and bugs in the ditch. Could barely see the baby above the grass. I love your photo where Mama is kissing the baby. SWEET!

3. Alison says:

Hannah,
    Your students must be having a blast on Madeline Island! Lucky to have your mentoring and passion for photography. These are fantastic photos of the cranes, and prompted me to look up more information about the Sandhill Cranes. Love the way you captured the open wings and plumage, the tenderness between parent and chick, and of course, the baby trying to “take off!”
    Do these cranes migrate from your island? Maybe only one chick survived, as they usually have more than one. Keep shining your lens on nature’s wildlife!

4. Jo Kennedy says:

Great pictures. The babies are so cute. Hope you are feeling better real soon.

5. Barbara A. Maison says:

Cuter than bugs in rugs! Great pictures. I hope to make it up there next year!

6. Barbara A. Maison says:

Cuter than bugs in rugs! I hope to make it up there next summer. Adorable.

7. Diane Persson says:

I love your pictures. You capture the personalities of the animals you are photographing-great job. Hope you are feeling better.

8. Susan Schutz says:

What fun! The photographs are stunning, as always. I sure hope you’re feeling better…