Sandhill Crane Family!

This week I am over on Madeline Island teaching my Photo 101 class at the Madeline Island School of the Arts.  We’re having a blast (even though I am sicker than a dog), and I got to capture these awesome images of the resident crane family while we were on break :).  They are SO cute!

photos of sandhill cranes
photos of sandhill cranes-2
photos of sandhill cranes-4
photos of sandhill cranes-5
photos of sandhill cranes-6
photos of sandhill cranes-3

This post may contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a portion of the purchase price. I appreciate you sharing these links - it keeps me in business!

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts and our weekly newsletter.

8 Comments on Sandhill Crane Family!

1. John Sullivan
    June 25, 2014 at 7:09 pm (3 years ago)

Great shots. My favorites: where the parents are saying, “[S]tand back, everyone. Keep moving, folks.” And the baby crane – departing Runway 1Left.

2. Diane Marie
    June 25, 2014 at 7:51 pm (3 years ago)

SO COOL! We saw a pair with a baby near our house two days ago. They were hunting for frogs and bugs in the ditch. Could barely see the baby above the grass. I love your photo where Mama is kissing the baby. SWEET!

3. Alison
    June 26, 2014 at 11:20 am (3 years ago)

Hannah,
    Your students must be having a blast on Madeline Island! Lucky to have your mentoring and passion for photography. These are fantastic photos of the cranes, and prompted me to look up more information about the Sandhill Cranes. Love the way you captured the open wings and plumage, the tenderness between parent and chick, and of course, the baby trying to “take off!”
    Do these cranes migrate from your island? Maybe only one chick survived, as they usually have more than one. Keep shining your lens on nature’s wildlife!

4. Jo Kennedy
    June 30, 2014 at 11:15 am (3 years ago)

Great pictures. The babies are so cute. Hope you are feeling better real soon.

5. Barbara A. Maison
    June 30, 2014 at 11:23 am (3 years ago)

Cuter than bugs in rugs! Great pictures. I hope to make it up there next year!

6. Barbara A. Maison
    June 30, 2014 at 11:24 am (3 years ago)

Cuter than bugs in rugs! I hope to make it up there next summer. Adorable.

7. Diane Persson
    June 30, 2014 at 1:30 pm (3 years ago)

I love your pictures. You capture the personalities of the animals you are photographing-great job. Hope you are feeling better.

8. Susan Schutz
    June 30, 2014 at 1:44 pm (3 years ago)

What fun! The photographs are stunning, as always. I sure hope you’re feeling better…