The Seattle Adventure – Meeting Team Wyla

• 18

The most amazing opportunities have landed in my lap since I took that photo of my friend and his dog!  One of these was a chance to fly to Seattle to spend 24 hours documenting the amazingness of Team Wyla.

Honestly, this post has been hard for me to write, because Wyla’s story is one that all animal lovers can relate to, especially me.  Wyla was a beautiful dog whose body became overtaken by spinal and brain tumors.  I say “was” because she passed away last week.  It was like she waited for me to arrive so I could take photos of her humans and her together.  Jaime, Wyla’s mommy, is a photographer as well, so though many photos have been taken of Brandon (Wyla’s dad) with Wyla, very few have been taken of Jaime with Wyla, or the three of them together.  My time with them was so special to me because it allowed me to give a a gift of love to people who have lived their lives for Wyla unconditionally.  Everything about this story is about LOVE.

PLEASE read the full story about Wyla here:  Team Wyla  I really, truly believe that something amazing is going to come out of all that Brand and Jaime and the Grandmas endured. I know they want to help others who deal with life long illnesses – and by others I mean both human and animal.  These are people are have come to adore.  They are amazing!

So – why start the story of Wyla with Stache the cat?  Stache is the gatekeeper – that’s why.  He determines if you are ok or not :).

This is Wyla – she has the most soulful eyes.  Even when she was not feeling her best, she would start deep in to your eyes.  Jaime would spend hours just being with her.  She said Wyla taught her to slow down and enjoy moments.

Brandon is a wonderful, wonderful man who does everything he can for both Wyla and Jaime.  I can’t believe how lucky I am to have these people come into my life!

Wag Wellness  is where Wyla went every day for therapy. Lynnie is amazing <3

These are the neighbors – LOVE their curious faces – well, the pug thought I was pretty lame, actually 😉

An afternoon lounging at Grandma’s!

Brandon and Jaime took shifts sleeping with Wyla because of her seizures – this was them right before they went to bed.  So sweet!  As you can see in the background – lots of people sent gifts 🙂

Fans and and Team members are from allllll over the place!

Ahhh – Room Service!  Wyla’s great friend Dorothy from The Dining Dog came over to make us all laugh, too!  She served a fabulous cocktail to Wyla bug 🙂

And the next morning Dr Guidry stopped by the say hello.  Wyla was more interested in snuggling with Leo, her bestie.

Leo!

I tried to get near the treats again 😉

<3 Love

Please check out Team Wyla here:  Team Wyla  I am so, so lucky to have met you all!

This post may contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a portion of the purchase price. I appreciate you sharing these links - it keeps me in business!

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts and our weekly newsletter.

39 Comments on The Seattle Adventure – Meeting Team Wyla

1. The Road
    October 14, 2012 at 12:05 pm (5 years ago)

Once again you have given me tears in my eyes with your pictures. These are beautiful pictures with LOVE written all over them! In memory of Wyla! LOVE U!

2. Grandma Steph
    October 14, 2012 at 12:19 pm (5 years ago)

Oh Hanna, thank you so much, your pictures tell such a wonderful story of my baby girl and I am so happy you took so many pictures of Jaime. I will treasure all the pictures for ever. You did not include the pic of Jaime with Wyla reflected in her sunglasses, that is a fantastic shot. the kids gave me a copy of the one you took with of Wyla and me. I have been asking for a “grandma and me” pic for a long time, you caught the love between us so wonderfully. I agree, Wyla saved her strength so you could complete this shoot, then she left us. Thank you for giving us wonderful memories of her during her last days. Steph

3. Michelle Morton
    October 14, 2012 at 12:24 pm (5 years ago)

I couldn’t past the 4th picture without tears….they tell of love and a beautiful story!

4. Jen
    October 14, 2012 at 12:27 pm (5 years ago)

Hi Hannah! I just wanted to let you know how beautiful this photo session is!! How lucky you are to have spent 24 hours with Brandon,Jaime ,Grandma,Wyla and Stache!! They are such and inspiration to all of us and we are better people just for knowing about their incredible journey!!! Hugs to you Hannah!!!

5. Cherie Guidry
    October 14, 2012 at 12:35 pm (5 years ago)

Hannah,
    You did such an amazing job of capturing Wyla and her family! Thank you sooo much for coming to Seattle. I will always cherish the moments I spent with Wyla and her family that day at Grandma Steph’s!
    <3 Cherie Guidry<3

6. Linda
    October 14, 2012 at 12:35 pm (5 years ago)

Beautiful story of love,devotion and compassion.

7. Carol
    October 14, 2012 at 12:48 pm (5 years ago)

Thank you for taking us on this beautiful journey and sharing this generous loving family with us. There is much to be learned from them.

8. Leese Domeika
    October 14, 2012 at 1:17 pm (5 years ago)

There aren’t enough words to describe the feelings of love, appreciation, respect and admiration your photos of Wyla and her family convey. For every horrible story one hears, there are stories like this one that people so need to know about.. Wyla was in this world for a reason.. Jaime and Brand were her keepers for a reason… And her journey had and still has a purpose. Wyla’s spirit is still moving hearts and emotions and hopefully the result is more people hugging their fur babies a little tighter and caring for them a little deeper. Another box of tissues, please!

9. Debbie Dye
    October 14, 2012 at 1:20 pm (5 years ago)

Hannah you’ve just made my day!!!!(and beyond) I first saw your work of John and Schoep. I was an immediate fan. Then I was thrilled to know you traveled to spend precious time with Wyla, her family and support team. The documentation of this family’s love of Wyla is absolutely a Treasure and touches people all over the world. Your photos contribute to Wyla’s legacy of loving purpose despite the circumstances. Kudos to you, Wyla and her loving family.

10. Patricia
    October 14, 2012 at 1:54 pm (5 years ago)

RIP, sweet Wyla! I know that as I write these words, you are pain free in the arms of angels. What a wonderful. loving, mom and dad you had. They loved you the way every little creature deserves to be loved. Am so glad they were yours. Am sending them hugs and deepest sympathies knowing how much they are hurting. Thank-you for sharing this story and these beautiful pictures. Fly with the angels, sweet, darling, Wyla!!

11. Gail Bodin
    October 14, 2012 at 2:26 pm (5 years ago)

How deeply Wyla was connected to your souls!! How could anyone fail to tell you how wonderful and loving to your beautiful pet!! This was wonderfully printed but sad with tears as this was read in finality. Peace come to your souls.

12. Kristin
    October 14, 2012 at 2:29 pm (5 years ago)

Hannah,all these pictures you put together are beautful and amazing!Wyla looks so peaceful and is such a good poser for her pics especailly with Mommy and Daddy. She is so happy and absoulutely precious. We love you Wyla and miss you very much… you will always be with us in our hearts, mind and soul everyday for eternity!!

13. Susan
    October 14, 2012 at 2:42 pm (5 years ago)

My tears keep coming…sweet girl, your life here changed so many others for the better. You taught us all perseverance,faithfulness and most importantly how to love unconditionally. As the meaning of your name is “resolute protector”, wrap those angel wings around Jaime and Brandon. love you baby…..<3 <3 <3

14. Suzi
    October 14, 2012 at 2:53 pm (5 years ago)

Hannah, you absolutely can touch the soul of people and animals with your photos. I was thinking too, that Wyla wanted to wait for you so you could take photos of her and her family. I think you really captured the love Wyla and her family all had for each other. Thank you so much!

15. Laura
    October 14, 2012 at 3:47 pm (5 years ago)

I love the pictures of Wyla and her family. They are so special Thank you for sharing.
    Love to you.
    Laura

16. Nancy
    October 14, 2012 at 3:50 pm (5 years ago)

Again, no words, just tears. I think finally, happy tears for the love that was shared between all. Hannah, you did an amazing job. Thank you for sharing them with us.

17. Om Shanti
    October 14, 2012 at 4:42 pm (5 years ago)

Beautiful job, but made me cry 🙁 Miss her…

18. Shelly @ Smile
    October 14, 2012 at 4:45 pm (5 years ago)

The 7th image made me gasp and then the tears flow. So much love, desperation, hope and beauty in one single image. xx

19. chris
    October 14, 2012 at 4:58 pm (5 years ago)

in tears again over the beautiful Wyla and her loving family. Such an inspiration to live in the moment and appreciate the little things. Hannah – you’ve captured some poignant moments and I also believe that your trip was meant to be. Wyla and her story will be touching hearts for a long time to come. Jaime and Brandon – thank you for sharing the love.

20. Kat B.
    October 14, 2012 at 6:41 pm (5 years ago)

These images are such a precious gift for Wyla’s humans. The love is so evident. ~ Kat

21. Brandon Cope
    October 14, 2012 at 7:18 pm (5 years ago)

Hannah, thank you for the amazing experience! I love how you have captured Wyla, and the rest of us, with such emotion. You have a great gift and I feel truly blessed that our Wyla was fortunate enough to have been captured in pictures for the world to see. I’m glad that you were able to feel the power that our little girl had. She will be missed each and every day of my life.

22. Jenny Wolanski
    October 14, 2012 at 8:09 pm (5 years ago)

Hannah, you’ve done it again. First by bringing us a beautiful photo of John and Schoep, which by checking out your page further led me to Team Wyla. Now you’ve brought us beautiful photos of Wyla and her family that will be treasured forever. They are an amazing family and I feel so fortunate to have followed Wyla’s journey with them. I know their story is not over yet. Thank you for sharing! ❤

23. Rachel
    October 14, 2012 at 8:21 pm (5 years ago)

Magic…Wyla what a great inspiration you are and will continue to be. Hannah, the person you ask to complete the memories, and Jamie and Brandon…endless love will be returned to you..May you all smile with the love you have given and receive. A fan of Schoep’s in Minneapolis…

24. Michele Nieto
    October 14, 2012 at 8:45 pm (5 years ago)

Ty soooo much Hannah for capturing those last special moments with Jaime, Brandon,Grandmas, her all star team!!!! I doooo believe she was holding on for your visit, I had that feeling allll along unfortunately, even before u arrived!!! Thank you again for allll the beautiful shots!!!! They made me cry!!!! Love n misssss u terribly girl!!!! I know u are shining down on all of us!!!! Take care my sweet girl!!!!!!

25. Natalie
    October 15, 2012 at 1:30 am (5 years ago)

Just can manage “ThankYou” through the tears, such beautiful photos to share x

26. Fayleen Collamore
    October 15, 2012 at 6:24 am (5 years ago)

Amazing job! I teared up thru the whole thing…amazing photos and amazing mom and dad to give Wyla all the love and support she needed. Sorry to say it is a rare to see such devotion! Wonderful job!

27. becca givens
    October 15, 2012 at 7:03 am (5 years ago)

You captured the full essence of spirituality and love between Wyla and her core family. Awesome job!!

28. Kim Hensley
    October 15, 2012 at 8:49 am (5 years ago)

Absolutley beautiful photos! Hannah, you truly have a gift for capturing the souls of our furry friends (ok, maybe the jury is still out on Pug pics!). My heart breaks for the family, my hope is that one day another dog will fill their hearts with love. Thank you for your gift and thank you for sharing.

29. Jean
    October 15, 2012 at 1:22 pm (5 years ago)

Simply put “BEAUTIFUL”. I teared up looking at these and still am crying as I write this. Great job Hanna.
    Thank you to Jamie and Brandon for sharing these. They are so precious. Wyla is so beautiful and lives within all our hearts. Thinking of you always.

30. Linny
    October 15, 2012 at 5:07 pm (5 years ago)

Hannah, as I wipe away tears (again) looking at your beautiful photos of Wyla and her parents and grandma…the images you captured are just beautiful. The gift you gave them (and all of us) is priceless. You truly capture the soul in these, just as you did in the one of your friend that went viral. Thank you for sharing your gifts with us!

31. diane grace
    October 16, 2012 at 4:11 pm (5 years ago)

Amazing pictures, you captured all the love Wyla and her family have for each other in every picture. I cried too of course, Wyla story has touched my heart and she will always have a very special place in it. Hannah thank you so much for taking all these beautiful pictures, Wyla and her legacy will live on forever. -Diane

32. Julie Munro
    October 18, 2012 at 8:33 am (5 years ago)

Wyla, you have a fan in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia! My first baby (the only 4 legged baby I have, a now 9 year old Peruvian Golden Retriever born in Peru where we taught before here) and I are pulling for you! So are my 6 year old daughter and 8 year old son!

33. Dorothy Moore
    October 20, 2012 at 8:14 pm (5 years ago)

The pictures you took were beautiful!xxoo

34. Thomas Bratkovich
    October 27, 2012 at 7:04 am (5 years ago)

Bless you all who loved Wyla so much. I don’t know you; but we all love what you did for your loving girl. Her last days she KNEW she was loved. You people are amazing!

35. Jackie Creviston
    November 8, 2012 at 10:06 am (5 years ago)

Simply, simply beautiful poignant pictures. The sadness, the grief, the love….poor Jaime…I can see the love and pain in her eyes. Wyla is never far away and she is free from pain now. Sniffing the flowers, running freely at the Rainbow Bridge and feeling the breeze through her beautiful hair. God bless you for capturing these moments and if you ever come through Seattle again…call me. I know where all the good “happy hours” are!
    Jackie aka ruby tuesday

36. kris
    November 19, 2012 at 8:01 am (5 years ago)

Looking at the pictures through blurry eyes. I know and feel the love between Wyla and parents. My Annie of 14 yrs. passed away this year. I can’t express the bond, the love, and what she taught me. Never intending to replace her in anyway, a “new” 10 yr old dog was in my home within a week. I was used to caring for an old dog. It felt good to have a senior again.

37. Alison Durell
    April 10, 2015 at 6:40 am (3 years ago)

Hannah,
    You have a gift, a magical eye behind the camera, for capturing such precious memories. If only people realized sooner than later that life is fleeting, and one should take the time to take photos of their loved ones, pets, and significant events. These are beautiful pictures of love and commitment to one’s pet, Team Wyla went above and beyond. I don’t know who said it, but grief is but a measure of what was once one’s greatest joy. These pictures celebrate a beautiful family and one lucky dog.

38. Miyeko Homma
    April 10, 2015 at 12:13 pm (3 years ago)

Dear Hannah:

Thank you for posting the pictures of Wyla and her loving family. I am crying.

She looks just like my dog Tai. I am grateful that she is still with me. I rescued her from Taiwan. I have had her for 6 years and she is now 10 years old.