Catkins & Introducing Comments for Canines ( & Cats! ).

Starting today StonehousePhoto will donate $1 to Catkins Animal Rescue for every comment that is made on this blog…  I will do this for at least one year… so START harassing me people! The limit is $750 at this point –  I think we can get to that :).
Laura owns and operates Catkins Animal Rescue in Fifield. I did the wedding photography for Laura’s wedding a few years back but I actually met her when we were on the board of the Chequamegon Humane Association together. She runs this shelter out of her home and with a lot of her & her hubby’s own money. She has a wonderful team of volunteers that keep the shelter running, but we need to help this fabulous lady out!

Catkins has an awesome “Cattery” that houses most of the felines – while the rest (and the dogs that are not being fostered) live at Laura’s house.  Laura is the only animal control person in Price County here in Wisconsin, and she takes in a ton of medically challenging cases and animals who are about to be put down.  Laura also has a bunch of animals that are foreclosure victims that were abandoned at their homes when the families left.

Here are some shots of the residents that I got for the new Catkin’s website – they are extremely well taken care of, and Laura is one VERY cool chica!

This is Pepper – and she looks exactly like my sister’s dog – its crazy!

This is Lulu – she LOVES her car – and to play 🙂

I love this “you wanna mess with me” pose 🙂

Cat butts at feeding time 🙂

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts and our weekly newsletter.

19 Comments on Catkins & Introducing Comments for Canines ( & Cats! ).

1. Randy
    January 31, 2010 at 7:53 pm (8 years ago)

Great pics of all the dogs!!!! and who is that strapping gentleman with Popeye! lol

2. Randy
    January 31, 2010 at 7:58 pm (8 years ago)

I`ll name them all 4 a dollar a piece, to the rescue!!! (dogs)

3. Hannah Stonehouse Hudson
    January 31, 2010 at 8:41 pm (8 years ago)

Randy – THANK YOU for all you do for the rescue – and it was awesome to meet you!!

4. Scott
    February 1, 2010 at 10:56 am (8 years ago)

Hi, I'm a good friend of randy and i'll bet ya i can name all the dogs too ! I love all the dogs and the kitties ! This is a great thing you people are doing. Keep up the great work !!!

5. Randy
    February 1, 2010 at 11:34 am (8 years ago)

Hi Hannah. could I please copy ur pic of me and popeye? I want to frame us!! you are really the best pic taker i know!! very rare to catch me in a natural moment!!! thanks in advance!! and if you dont want to give permission, i do understand!!! HEY PEOPLE!! look at these pics!! very much a pro!!!!

6. Hannah Stonehouse Hudson
    February 1, 2010 at 11:38 am (8 years ago)

Randy – sure – and THANK YOU for asking!!! Email me at stonehousephoto at gmail dot com – I will email you the pic 🙂

7. Anonymous
    February 1, 2010 at 12:34 pm (8 years ago)

Enjoyed all of those pic's!! Thanks for letting us be a part of this. Dawn McNeal

8. Gail
    February 1, 2010 at 1:35 pm (8 years ago)

I am Randy's wife and have to say that all of your photo's are great!!
    Love the ones of Popeye…but then again he is living with us and is my best buddy sure hope that someone else will see what a great guy he is and not just the fact that he is a Dwarf….yes dogs can be Dwarfs also.

9. Randy
    February 1, 2010 at 6:45 pm (8 years ago)

All dog comments; Pic 1, Darby! quirks; talks to go outside and runs faster then the UPS truck. Pic 2,3; Pepper! quirks; when ya sneeze she jumps up on ur lap to c if ur ok! Pic 4, Popeye! quirks; when he comes inside he checks all 9 bowls to see that they have either water or food and if any r empty he dumps em over.(they r steel and they make lots of noise!) Pic 5,6,7,8,9 (lauras fav?) Thats LuLu of coarse! quirks; she loves to sit on the ROOF of ur car!! like.. whats up people!!! Pic 10, Basil! (Clovers sis) quirks; when she gave kisses, she only wetted about 1/8 " square on ur nose.. even if ya had a witches nose! or no nose! and last but not least "The Popeye" again!!! he is partially blind due to his dwarfism, but he so much cooler than any HUMAN!!! luv ya buddy!

10. magdalenephotography
    February 2, 2010 at 2:32 am (8 years ago)

these are excellent Hannah! The grey kitty looks just look one I used to have!!!

11. Anonymous
    February 2, 2010 at 4:44 pm (8 years ago)

hey im morgan and gail is my mom and randy is my step dad. one of the best things about going home is seeing all the dogs (and it feels like a few hundred at times) at thier house. i must say that pop eye is great mostly because pop eye has two midget legs!

12. Anonymous
    February 2, 2010 at 8:20 pm (8 years ago)

These are really great pics of the animals

13. Randy
    February 3, 2010 at 8:49 pm (8 years ago)

Basil has been adopted!!! YAAAAAA!!! and Darby will probably go to her new home this weekend!! YAAAAAA!!! Laura needs more forever homes! Pass the word!

14. Anonymous
    February 4, 2010 at 8:20 pm (8 years ago)

AWWWWWW!!! the puppies are sooo cute!!!!!!

15. Scott
    February 7, 2010 at 8:29 am (8 years ago)

Hey randy, ya named all the dogs. ya took all the fun out of it. i love what morgan said about the midget legs lol that's hilarious but that's what makes popeye who he is and he's a great guy ! the pics of lulu are EXCELLENT ! she's a wild one and alot of fun to be around. my sister really liked darby, hope she's found a good home !

16. Randy
    February 7, 2010 at 12:48 pm (8 years ago)

Darby DID go home sat. Laura told me the family is super cool!!

17. Randy
    February 10, 2010 at 7:34 am (8 years ago)

Anyone adopting a new friend from Laura, that she "qualifies". I will donate 1 – 35# bag of Preminum Edge dog food along with your new friend! Pass the word!

18. Randy
    February 14, 2010 at 5:16 pm (8 years ago)

Popeye and Pepper both have been adopted!! YAAAAA!

19. Hannah Stonehouse Hudson
    February 14, 2010 at 5:24 pm (8 years ago)

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whooohoooooooooooooooooo YAY!